Saturday, September 03, 2005

self-pity

I had a thought this morning, as I was just a little bit, sitting in self-pity about something. First of all I already knew it was selfish and a sort of pride, thus sin; but sadly that was not enough to get me out. But then I realized it had the word "pit" in it. And really, who wants to live in a pit? It's dark and lonely and there are probably creepy-crawly things down there. So I thought, "How do I get out of this pit of self-pity?" Thank God for the concordance in the back of my Bible because I easily found a passage in scripture: "I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God." Psalm 40:1-3 Actually it goes on to say, "Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord." Praying you would trust Him and let Him take you out of whatever pit you might be in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home