Thursday, September 08, 2005

It's been a fun and crazy couple of days. Yesterday I was able to spend some time at Ludus and it was good. I got to see so many of the kids and teenagers that I love dearly. And I am finally to a place in my language development that I can understand most and get by without translation. I continue to laugh at myself a lot, but that's okay. I will still be taking language lessons, but not as often.

The houses are still being worked on all day. The carpet is being worked on today and tomorrow and then the furniture that is ready will go in. Possibly tomorrow afternoon we will go buy food for the house and other last minute things. Then men are saying they will be out of the house.

At this point Bruce says we're taking the kids on Saturday. We have permission to take 8 of them so that's what we will do. They are registered for school which will start on Monday. When we pick them up on Saturday we will go clothes shopping.

I can definitely say that God knows what He is doing. He knew that we couldn't dare have all the kids at once. I continue to pray that God will protect those that are still at the Ludus orphanage, and that He would bring them to us in his perfect timing.

Bruce will be having a meeting with the new director of the county commission (which makes decisions about the activities we do). Please pray that his favor will be towards us. He will also be meeting with others in the next couple weeks to particularly talk about our programs at Ludus. Pray for the Lord's will to be done, and that His light would be able to continue to shine in that dark place.

I've been working closely with the administrator of both Casa Nadia and Casa Ana, Elena Suciu. We've been going to the school to get things taken care of, running errands, interviewing candidates for an open tutor position, etc. She's a get-it-done kind of lady. Pray for her to have grace and wisdom as she deals with 10 moms, 2 cooks, 6 tutors, a driver, the budget, a social worker, a psychologist, me...and oh yeah, 20 kids.

Grace and peace to you all from God our Father and our Lord Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home