Monday, September 12, 2005

Back to school

Well, I never knew how handy teaching pre-k would be, but when it comes to teaching procedures and social skills, I'm glad to have that in my bag of tricks. So far the kids are great! We are having a super time and though they complain a bit with the new rules and starting back to school, I think they are enjoying so much love. The days have been long and full, and I am glad to be home a little earlier tonight so I can rest and go to sleep. Last night I think I was probably more nervous than the kids about today being the first day of school, but we survived and each child had someone to go with them to their class to meet their teachers. I went with Claudia and I had a wonderful impression of her first grade teacher, and it is a small class so I think it will be great (plus maybe when the next group of kids come, some can be with her). This afternoon after school we spent time playing some games like Sorry, Go Fish and Old Maid. We spent lots of time talking about taking turns and how to play nicely.
Pray for the kids to adjust well to a new home, new rules, new life, new school, new friends...what a change. Pray for us to "train up each child in the way he should go so that when he is older he will not turn from it" (proverbs 22:6). Pray for the 3 teenage girls, Elis, Simona and Maria and how we can best accommodate them, nurture them, and discipline them. Pray for their attitudes to change towards school. Keep praying for sponsorships, for the rest of our kids to be protected until they come into our care and for that process, and for both houses to be finished soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home